Western & English Today

Fall 2016

W&E Today provides retailers and manufacturers with education and ideas that provoke innovation in the Western and English markets.

Issue link: http://wetoday.epubxp.com/i/715707

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 12 of 43

FALL 2016 Western & English Today 11 ADRIAN BRANNAN BUCKAROO GIRL S inger, songwriter, trend- setter, advocate — all could be used to describe Adrian Brannan, better known as the "Buckaroogirl." is blonde fire cracker has traveled the world, tried her hand at bronc riding, and gotten comfort- able in the spotlight, performing her authentic country tunes on stage for years. But being a an influential fashion blogger came about unexpectedly. Adrian says fashion was the last thing on her mind growing up. And she didn't think her curves and petite height suited most of the emerging trends. It wasn't until recently that she found her fashion footing. "A few years ago, I realized it doesn't matter what people think," she says. "It matters what you like and how you wear it and if you're comfortable, and I started wearing things that just felt right to me." Now internet fans admire her bold sense of style, and her blog, which started out as a way to publicize upcom- ing concerts, has become an avenue for Adrian to relate to other women through content like her "Dear Cowgirl" se- ries. "ey're really open letters to all women everywhere. It was scary at first to put yourself out there and be really open about what you're feeling, but I realized aer that first Dear Cowgirl, every woman feels the same way, worldwide. ere are no boundaries on that," she says. e messages of female empowerment grew from Adri- an's advocacy against domestic violence and raising aware- ness about the issue in the Western world. She is a survivor herself and is open about that in her writings. "I feel if you have a platform of any kind, [you should] try to utilize that platform to reach out to people." As a result, fashion to Adrian is about courage and heal- ing. "Fashion for me is saying, 'Hey world, I'm right here. Life is good.' " www.buckaroogirl.com Don't just slap something on your Facebook page; style and edit your photos and invest time into making every post exemplify your brand. Even more importantly, en- gage with your audience. Interact by answering emails and messages; get to know them so that they feel they know you. Next, be consistent. Loyal followers will lose interest if you go months without posting, and new followers will feel overwhelmed if you bombard their news feeds and inboxes with too much at once. Final- ly, remember that it's not all about fashion. Whether it's recipes, poems, or a funny anecdote, create content that shows your heart. Be personable and share your pas- sions, beyond the display windows and clothing racks. GO-TO ACCESSORY Kevin Murphy Hat BOOTS Red Knee-high Old Gringo LIFE(STYLE) ICON Grace Brown, Project Unbreakable #BUCKAROOGIRL TAYLOR STREET COUNTRY HIPSTER T aylor Street's family moved to Wy- oming when she was 15. She didn't grow up competing in rodeo, but the Western lifestyle, and more specifically, fashion sense, rubbed off on the teen.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Western & English Today - Fall 2016