Western & English Today

SOURCE 17

W&E Today provides retailers and manufacturers with education and ideas that provoke innovation in the Western and English markets.

Issue link: http://wetoday.epubxp.com/i/763455

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 13 of 133

10 Western & English Today T HIS ISSUE MARKS THE OFFICIAL START OF A NEW YEAR. IT also marks the end of our team's first full year together at W&E. And what a year it has been. One Sunday morning as I sat on the front porch of my father-in- law's hay farm in Sulphur Springs, Texas, drinking a cup of coffee and watching the sunrise over the hay fields (where this photo was taken during the Cowboys & Indians spring 2016 fashion shoot at the farm of the '54 Dodge pickup, George, that my husband helped his dad restore), I couldn't help but think about all of the new beginnings I have faced this year. I took on a new position at a new magazine. And with it a new publishing genre, business-to-business — which also meant a new readership, retailers as opposed to consumers. And then there's the foreign territory of the English equestrian world, as opposed to just the West. It hasn't all been easy. Admittedly, there were some unexpected turns and bumps in the road. Not to mention the back-to-back deadlines of two magazines. But it has undoubtedly been worth it. And I've had an amazing team with me along for the ride. We've taken W&E in a whole new direction, and we could not be more proud of where we've ended up. We've given the magazine a makeover with a complete redesign for a more modern look. We've worked with new photographers, writers, and manufacturers to bring you fresh and informative content. And we've continued to build new relationships in both the Western and English industries. (If you see us at market, please stop us to say hi and let us know what you think! We will be in Denver for January WESA and at various English shows and Dallas markets throughout the year as our schedules permit.) As we move on down the road, we're excited about what lies beyond the horizon in 2017. And we can't wait to share with you what we find. ON THE HORIZON by Holly Henderson, Editorial Director EDITOR'S NOTE PHOTOGRAPHY: BRADLY TOMBERLIN

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Western & English Today - SOURCE 17