Western & English Today

Summer 2016

W&E Today provides retailers and manufacturers with education and ideas that provoke innovation in the Western and English markets.

Issue link: http://wetoday.epubxp.com/i/690105

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 18 of 35

SUMMER 2016 Western & English Today 17 the frst horse I ever owned," Anderson says. She liked the look and utility of the initial design, but she wanted more substance to the seat, an element she's since perfected by tailoring the panel cuts for optimal precision. Te following year, the frst EQ Wear collection made its debut at the Cheyenne Rodeo. But the company really took of in 2015, when a Kickstarter campaign net- ted more than $33,000. Anderson used the money for her frst full production run and the establishment of her facility in her native Oklahoma, along with athlete sponsorship and product placement. "Te business has got its legs under it now, even though exposure has been rath- er limited," she says. "I haven't been able to blow a big gust of air yet, but I'm planning on that in the fall." NOT 'JUST' PANTS Anderson's designs are defnitely not low- end. "I only use the top quality materials, such as stretch leathers from France and denims and knits from Italy. My buckskin is from the Choctaw Nation, tanned and dyed with nuts and berries in the 10,000-year- old tribe way, completely natural. I buy the Mercedes of zippers to avert any potential wardrobe malfunction." Te best materials deserve the best care and construction. Once Anderson has ob- tained her materials, she's laser-focused in the manufacturing room. "I look closely at every single thing," she says. Te pants have no inside seams to cause human or equine discomfort. With the ex- ception of the leather and denim jean, which features a back zipper, they're all designed with wide elastic waistbands that make them easy to pull on and feature hidden pockets for cell phones or keys. Te skinny pant ofers a "I love the fashionable side of EQ Wear, and that it stands up to riding and being around horses," [Margaret Burns Vap, owner of Big Sky Yoga Retreats] says. "Bee's attention to product detail is exquisite. Her pieces are a total splurge, and you get what you pay for!"

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Western & English Today - Summer 2016